Monday, December 19, 2011

Vocals and Travel


Not a lot going on since the last update.  I have been bogged down in work and have had less time than I would have liked to spend in the studio writing.  However, I have been focusing on strengthening my voice quite a bit lately.  For a while there I thought I was going through puberty again by the way my voice was cracking.  I found out that your voice goes through changes again later in life as well, thus the prepubescent squeaks that have been coming out of my middle range.  I'm trying to spend 30 to 60 minutes per day (mostly in the car) singing and focusing on the fundamentals.  I am happy to say that after a couple of weeks, I was able to sing all the way through Octavarium and Home (Dream Theater) on my way into the office this morning without a hitch.  Feels great to start getting my voice back.

Headed up to Rochester, NY for the holidays this Thursday.  Really looking forward to seeing family and friends!  This trip will also give NOS a chance to be in the same room as I will get to see Jay Rowland in person for awhile, rather than as a stream of texts and phone calls.  After the holidays, things should be able to pick up a bit on Happy Accidents.  However, it appears I will need to come up with a new name for the next album.  But that is a story for next time. . .

Take care,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment